Ribby Slipper Socks

Ribby Slipper Socks
Originally uploaded by Red Yarn
Another post via Flickr.
I made each of the kids a pair of these great slippers over the Christmas break. My living room floor is so cold (I think it's from the fireplace draft) so they really needed something!
Very quick, easy knit and I really enjoyed it. The photo above is Owen's slippers, Maeghan chose a red yarn for her cuff. It is a very special red yarn because it was handed down to her from her Great-Granny Minny who she never had to opportunity to meet. Now a little piece of Great Granny is with her every time she wears them! I just love that!
Pattern: Ribby Slipper Sock from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2008
Yarn: LionBrand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in the color Charcoal
Patons Classic Wool - green cuffs
Penguin Familia - red cuffs
Needles: Foot - US 11
Cuffs - US 8's
Now I want to make me a pair too!
So what have I learned from blogging from Flickr? Well, when I'm stuck on the night shift at work, and it's really slow, I can make a post! Although I'm not sure if Bloglines picks up the feed through flickr or not, but maybe Bloglines is just having issues.
I have finally finished my Gathered Scarf, and I will post pictures soon when I get a chance to block it. See you soon!

3 comments:
I think it's just Bloglines having problems! I took everyone's advice and switched over to Google Reader...not that it took much convincing. LOL!
I love those slippers! Especially love that you can use the Lion Brand Thick N Quick.
Looking very comfy cozy! Will you need to put traction pads on them when you get your new flooring?
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I love them!
Post a Comment